Saturday, March 12, 2011

Finished DIY humidor and more

So here's a couple of pictures of the end result with the hardware on :






I've ordered a couple of 250 count rectangular humidifiers from eBay, they were 2 for under 11$ including shipping.


But since I haven't received them yet, I built my own to use in the mean time.

I bought some green Oasis foam made for cut flowers from my local flower shop. A brick, as they call it, cost me around 3$. It's 3"X4"X9". I also bought 2 soap travel boxes to use as containers and they were 2 for 1$.

I cut pieces of foam to fit snuggly in the soap boxes and drilled holes in the covers. Saturated the foam with 50-50% propylene glycol/distilled water and voilĂ  !

Here"s what they look like (not pretty but it does the job...) :


As for the hygrometer, I bought a digital one, again from eBay, for under 6$ including shipping.



Right now I'm in the process of seasoning my humidor, so I can transfer my cigars from my small humidor and to store a shipment of cigars I ordered last week, that I should receive in about 4 days.

Here's what I ordered :

Vallejuelo Cigars Gran Toro Single
Vallejuelo Cigars Robusto Single
Saint Luis Rey Reserve Especial Rothchilde Maduro Single
Dominican Supreme Robusto Natural
Baccarat Havana Selection Rothschild Single
Bona Vita Maduro Churchills 5-Pack
Atlantic Cigar Mild-Medium Robusto 10-Pack
Rocky Patel Nording Robusto Single
Arturo Fuente Brevas Royale Maduro Single
Hoyo De Monterrey Excalibur Cameroon Lancelot Single
Atlantic Cigar Grab Bag Sampler Gold - 10 Pack

And in a little more than 2 weeks a friend of mine will bring me back some nice sticks from Cuba, one box of Bolivar Royal Corona and a box of Hoyo De Monterrey Hoyo Des Dieux. Can't wait !


Until the next post ...

1 comment:

  1. I think I know where to look before I build a humidor now. Very nice.

    BarG

    ReplyDelete